Friday, November 2, 2012

Camus was not a very optimistic person, and that is an assumption that can be made from his novel the stranger. Judging on his outlook on life, I would say that Camus would probably vote for whoever he feels that the majority is going to vote for, because he'd feel that literally, his one vote, would not change anything. Originally I wanted to say that he would vote for Gary Jonson because unfortunately he has no shot at winning, so in that case it wouldn't really make a difference. I actually can't say with confidence who Voltaire would vote for neither, but I will make a guess and say Jill Stein. I would say Jill Stein because Voltaire is for cultivating your garden and thats something that he has in common with Jill Stein and the Green Party.

4 comments:

  1. "because unfortunately he has no shot at winning, so in that case it wouldn't really make a difference."


    Haha you treated poor Gary Johnson!

    I took the political quiz and aligned with him like 91% on the issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think its cool that you said camus would just go with the majority. in reading the posts, it seems that most people asssumed that he wouldn't vote at all, including myself. but i like your alternative thinking in that he's attempting to fit in with society, because of his lack of interest in society... deep :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Voltaire choosing Jill Stein because of his beliefs with cultivating the garden. When I took the political quiz I sided with her on most issues. I also like what you said about Camus feeling as if his one vote would not make a difference so it wouldn't matter how he voted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said the same exact thing about Camus voting for whoever is leading the polls since he feels as if his vote wouldn’t count for anything anyways. Great thinking! Also I had a hard time figuring out who Voltaire would vote for because I feel like his personal morals overlaps with the beliefs of all the parties.

    ReplyDelete